Chandigarh : Chandigarh on Friday received affiliation from the BCCI after nearly four decades. He said that UTCA was registered in 1982 and since then various attempts were made to get the affiliation. Without naming anyone, he said there were some individuals in the BCCI who came in the way of Chandigarh’s affiliation in the past.”Today, in the meeting of BCCI, the affiliation of Chandigarh has been approved. I got the message from BCCI that Chandigarh has been formally inducted as cricket playing state with the Board,” Union Territory Cricket Association (UTCA) president Sanjay Tandon told reporters here in the evening.”I took over as president of UTCA in June 2016. I must say efforts of everyone paid dividends towards realising this dream,” said Tandon, who is also president of the Bharatiya Janata Party’s Chandigarh unit.He said that Chandigarh has been a breeding ground of a number of cricketers, but were forced to play for Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and different states.”Today, the dream of a child who wanted to play from Chandigarh has been fulfilled. It’s a historic day for the game of cricket in Chandigarh,” he said.Tandon said that Chandigarh will now have its own team, adding the challenge now is to set up a good cricket outfit.He also gave details how Chandigarh finally got the affiliation and also especially mentioned about the efforts of two-member committee of BCCI, comprising Anshuman Gaekwad and Saba Karim who had visited the city earlier and met UTCA members with regard to recognition.To get BCCI affiliation, Chandigarh Cricket Association-Punjab had recently decided to merge with UTCA, thus paving way for the Union Territory to be recognised as a separate entity.The development came after representatives from CCA-Punjab held an extensive meeting with UTCA officials at Sector 16 cricket stadium here. For all the Latest Sports News News, Cricket News News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.
Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments (2) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. -2 Vote up Vote down JustMe · 370 weeks ago They support the second amendment. But, didn’t they decide that only council members could carry firearms at the city building during meetings? Can’t remember the specifics, but seems like it was something like that. Report Reply 0 replies · active 370 weeks ago +2 Vote up Vote down Ted Logan · 370 weeks ago “This will only strengthen our position for these manufacturers looking for a gun-friendly location.” “we have decided to focus our search efforts elsewhere. ” It doesn’t sound like the official ‘pro-assault rifle-stance’ is the reason. But at least the councilmembers have this in their pockets come re-election time. Seriously, how desperate does this make you seem? Pretty sure gun companies are aware of (or know a way to find out) local gun laws. Report Reply 0 replies · active 370 weeks ago Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow â€” The Wellington City Council voted a resolution that supported the U.S. Constitution’s Second Amendment which addresses the Right to Bear Arms for U.S. Citizens at Tuesday night’s meeting. While the Second Amendment has most certainly been around awhile, the council was cognizance of what such a resolution at this point in time could do for the city of Wellington.Wellington Economic Develop Director Cody Sims in February drafted and mailed out a number of letters to several gun manufacturing plants in states like Colorado where gun-control legislation has taken effect and has raised the ire of the firearm companies within those state’s boundaries. Some have expressed, at least vocally, they were ready to move out of state to more “gun-friendly” areas.Wellington City Council member B.J. Tracy said an official resolution reaffirming a citizen’s right to bear arms, will only strengthen Wellington’s cause, if a firearm manufacturer would decide to make a move.Â Recently the Kansas State Legislature passed legislation in support of the Second Amendment. The Sedgwick County Commissioners would pass a resolution supporting the legislature’s decision in April.“I think we should do it officially as well,” Tracy said “This will only strengthen our position for these manufacturers looking for a gun-friendly location.” The resolution passed 6-0 without comment.Not coincidentally, Sims recently heard back from one of the firearm manufacturers in a letter signed by Jeffrey Reh General Counsel and Vice Manager of Beretta USA Corp in Maryland on June 24.The letter stated:“Thank you for taking the time to forward to me information about your state and local jurisdiction, along with your offer to have the Beretta organization consider your locale as a future home for its facility currently located in Maryland. The extent to which people across the country have expressed interest in our company has been an encouraging byproduct of the anti-gun debate that has occurred within our own state. We appreciate your kind sentiments in that regard.Â Before considering any other location for future expansion of any of our facilities we consider first the consistency with which a given state has supported Second Amendment rights. Factors that we considered in this regard include but were not limited to whether any cities within that State have sued the firearm industry in the past in a misguided attempt to blame guns for the criminal misconduct of persons within their own jurisdiction. We also looked at the vote of federally-elected officials in the recent debate in Washington D.C. regarding President Obama’s efforts to restrict gun ownership by banning certain types of semiautomatic rifles and shotguns and by limiting magazine capacity for those who choose to use firearms for self defense.Â I am pleased to advise you that your State has passed that state of evaluation. Unfortunately, for a variety of other reasons, we have decided to focus our search efforts elsewhere.Â While we appreciate the time and effort you spent in sending us information about your local jurisdiction we will not be pursuing that opportunity further at this time. We will, however, keep your materials on file in case the results of our other searches do not prove to be productive.Â Thank you again for the time and effort you spent in sending us information about your local jurisdiction.”Â Sincerely yours.Â Jeff K. Reh,Â General Counsel and Vice-General Manager, Beretta U.S.A. Corp.Â
THE Football Association of Ireland has paid a touching tribute to the late Conor Boyle, the young Rosses man who died two months ago.The brave 18 year old from west Donegal passed away in September, two weeks after a road traffic accident in England.Conor was a fine young sportsman and played soccer, gaelic football and was a good boxer. On Friday night FAI boss John Delaney invited Conor’s parents Sheila and Hugh and brothers Liam, James, Darragh, Shane and Owen to the Aviva Stadium in Dublin to watch Ireland take on Latvia.A tribute to Conor was included in the match programme.Conor played soccer with Keadue Rovers.“Conor was a very caring and popular character away from the playing fields, full of fun and very popular with everyone,” said the tribute. A number of other relatives bereaved in tragic circumstances were also at the match. FAI BOSSES IN TOUCHING TRIBUTE TO CONOR BOYLE was last modified: November 18th, 2013 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Conor BoyleFAI TRIBUTE